Little Giant Hatch Along

Congrats to everyone who has hatched
smile.png
your baby chickies are so cute.....

I didn't get a chance to take pictures of mine last week as soon as they was out of the egg they went to their new homes.
This time I will be posting pictures of my babies cause I plan to keep a few. These will be my Barred Rocks I have sooooooo been looking forward to.

I was getting a little Impatient and wanting to play with some fuzzy butts , I didn't have plans to buy chicks else where but went to TSC to pick up some supplies
and I saw some cute little leg horns and so I snatched them up. I have always wanted a leg horn
smile.png

But they will hold me off while I wait 3 more days for my chickie babies to hatch.

And last Sunday I put in another 42 eggs I am starting to loose count on how many hatches now for 2011 lol.......is that bad?

lol I should have read before posting... yeah where do you sell your chicks (how do you market them?)... chicks in my local feed stores are constantly selling out

Quote:
I sell them from my home, I charge 3.00 per chick.

2 hatches I sold to my local feed store.

Others usually go to people who see my sign at the end of the road or via craigs list.

This is Day 3 of my first attempt to hatch. While at my feed store yesterday, someone told me it was a good idea to put in a wet sponge for humidity since I'm not using a hygrometer. He said it would keep the humidity constant.

Foolishly, I put in the sponge right before bedtime.

This morning, I opened the lid and turned the eggs. THEN (I should have done this first) I watched the thermometer for a bit to make sure it was at the right temp (for the last 3 days it has been perfect with no fluctuations). It was low. Very low. Like close to 90 low. I tried to convince myself it was because I opened the lid. I had to leave for an hour. So, I took out the sponge, returned the top and left. I came back and it was at 95 or 96. I still have made no adjustments hoping it will self-correct.

I've read somewhere about people loosing power for an evening and being okay, so I hope this fluctuation won't be a big deal. But I am wanting any advice you have on the sponge, the fluctuation, whatever.

Thanks.

sad.png

Back
Top Bottom