Little Giant Hatch Along

I have the LG full of guinea eggs (39 eggs fills it up) that are due to hatch on the 20th. Interestingly, I also have BO hen that went broody last week and have placed 3 of the guinea eggs under her because I needed to see the water wells for the humidity. I will probably put a few more guinea eggs under her before lockdown so that she can raise them with the chicken flock.
I've used this LG for chicken eggs over the winter and had a very successful hatch (with shipped eggs)...
love.gif

Quote:
Heres to your hatch mrsfarmchick1!
fl.gif
Its good to hear your lg has worked so well for you. I'm borrowing the one i'm using, so I may have to get my own before I hatch again. I have had very little problems with mine. And I have 3 pips going on right now! hopefully I will have more, but if not, I am happy with 3! I wanted a broody this year, a couple were thinking about it I think as I found a couple of clutches of eggs hidden around the yard!! Happy hatching!

I am hatching with an LG and just last night (after day 14 of incubation) decided to test the thermometer that came with the LG (that was the only therm I was using and was worried it was inaccurate after reading the forum). My therm was right on target and all looks good!

Quote:
I just read your post and I'm so sorry that you are going thru so much!! How awful it must have been waiting on news of your sister and family.
sad.png
I'm so thankful for you that she was found!!
clap.gif
Sorry about your hometown, also. How tragic!!! I'm hoping and praying for those in the tornadoes. I firmly believe we are resilient, and WILL rise above! We have an awesome, loving God that will take care and supply our every need. Hoping your hatching goes well too!! It's amazing to me how much new life goes on in the midst of tradgedy. New baby goats, chicks hatching!!! These are the faces of hope!! Go rest and take care of yourself!! We don't want you to get sick on top of everything else!!!!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

They sure are resilient, I got some rest thanks finally.

It is amazing how life goes on in the midst of tragedy I was thinking that my self. Its been so crazy I went and got a digital thermometer and hygrometer that comes with a wireless wand type thing so I can be by the pc out of the room and still watch the temperatures, I really didn't like the digital ones for while cause all mine seemed to go haywire in the middle of incubation but so far its been doing the job.

I know when to go in and adjust as needed I have even taken it outside with me as I do my rounds with the animals.

Its good for up to 500 ft away I think thats what the package said. It is an acu.rite it cost a little more but so far worth it.

Quote:
I just read your post and I'm so sorry that you are going thru so much!! How awful it must have been waiting on news of your sister and family.
sad.png
I'm so thankful for you that she was found!!
clap.gif
Sorry about your hometown, also. How tragic!!! I'm hoping and praying for those in the tornadoes. I firmly believe we are resilient, and WILL rise above! We have an awesome, loving God that will take care and supply our every need. Hoping your hatching goes well too!! It's amazing to me how much new life goes on in the midst of tradgedy. New baby goats, chicks hatching!!! These are the faces of hope!! Go rest and take care of yourself!! We don't want you to get sick on top of everything else!!!!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

They sure are resilient, I got some rest thanks finally.

It is amazing how life goes on in the midst of tragedy I was thinking that my self. Its been so crazy I went and got a digital thermometer and hygrometer that comes with a wireless wand type thing so I can be by the pc out of the room and still watch the temperatures, I really didn't like the digital ones for while cause all mine seemed to go haywire in the middle of incubation but so far its been doing the job.

I know when to go in and adjust as needed I have even taken it outside with me as I do my rounds with the animals.

Its good for up to 500 ft away I think thats what the package said. It is an acu.rite it cost a little more but so far worth it.

That sounds pretty interesting. Where did you get that gadget? Might want to try that next time. Glad you have gotten some rest.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom