Little Giant Incubation Experiment - Day 21 - Hatch Day!

Which model Little Giant do you prefer?

• Model 9200 (Manual controls)

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Model 9300 (Digital controls)

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters
i did it that way because there is some hot and cold spots so if it gets moved to a cold spot the temp will go up and could cause a problem also so when i turn the eggs i no it goes back to the same spot so i think it keeps things more consistent...these are the temps i recorded in each spot and this is with a fan
accurite thermometer i used after this test i added 2 water bottles to the bottom and only used the top of the unit hope it all works...

And your temp was regulated? The LG thermo has to stay close the heater to keep temp regulated. My Incutherm was reading 106 on the outer edge because the LG Therm said 98 and the heater was overworking. I just want to make sure the eggs are not being cooked and the chicks are not tripping on all the wires in there! LoL!!!
I moved it to see if it would be different up by the heater but, nope its holding steady at 100.8 :)

Yet more questions; another egg is on day 22 and has not pipped yet, but it does rock a little when I chirp. Should I wait? Also, there is one egg on day 24 that I do not see any movement from and has not pipped, should I make a pip and see if it's alive? If not, what do you suggest?

Yet more questions; another egg is on day 22 and has not pipped yet, but it does rock a little when I chirp. Should I wait? Also, there is one egg on day 24 that I do not see any movement from and has not pipped, should I make a pip and see if it's alive? If not, what do you suggest?
I would wait! I plan on giving my eggs till day 25ish. They day 24 I would probably do the pip into the air cell to check for movement. But that is me. LoL!!! ( I think I am lot like Amylynn!) ;)

The day 22 I'd give more time. Theday 24 I would go in to the air cell and check it out....so yes.

Back
Top Bottom