little giant incubator...is it good?

ams4776

Songster
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
in harmony with all in harmony
Who has used the little giant still air incubator? Ive read reviews and looks like ill be good if i install a fan (i can get a comp fan no prob) this is the one tsc sells (and only one) everything else ive seen is alot higher in price and i would be having to get shipped.

I had sucess in mine but the temps flex ALOT and they are prone to temp spikes. when I was a stay at home mom and could watch it all day long I did ok.

The biggest complaint of them is the VERY sensitive temperature adjustment. Some attach a dial knob over it to make fine tuning easier. I have an LG, temp swings about 2 degrees so watch it for a good 6 hours then adjust. Keep mine swinging 98.5 to 101 F (installed a fan). Now that it's set I don't touch the temp at all during hatch.

Last edited:
I agree the temp adj is tough - a tiny touch - well what you think is a tiny touch - sends it up or down. I used the still air. And i hatched Japanese bantams which are harder to hatch as is . Worked out well but it is a high maintenance bator - meaning you cant jsut set it and leave it

Here is what you need to do! And yes I did finally put a fan on mine.... Check out the easy Walmart fix:

dimmerknob014.jpg

I used 4 of the LJ's a few years ago with out any problems very light touch on the temp. adj. Nice job Jen on the dimer knob. Over all the best thing i can tell you is keep water in it and dont over adjust it.

Back
Top Bottom