Little Giant Incubator owners help!

I am right on the same page as you! I’m gonna get a new fan and try the plugs as I noticed the crazy amount of holes. I am a little unsteady taking my turner out, what are your hatch rates like with the 2x a day turning? Any issues?
I have at least a 90% hatching rate (conservatively speaking) with my fertile eggs (chicken, turkey and quail) and only turning them twice a day.
I will probably have to double that for my duck and goose eggs though.

Last edited:
I am right on the same page as you! I’m gonna get a new fan and try the plugs as I noticed the crazy amount of holes. I am a little unsteady taking my turner out, what are your hatch rates like with the 2x a day turning? Any issues?
Also if you feel unsteady about lifting and turning each egg you can gently roll the eggs.

LGs suck. I've made modifications similar to what @BirdsBeesTrees has done and my hatches are fine, but it's still really frustrating and there are the occasional temperature swings even with the modifications. Oh, and hot and cold spots regardless of the addition of the plug in fan. It's just not an incubator you can leave unattended for long periods of time. I've been lucky that I've been working from home the past two springs, thanks to COVID, so I've had two hatches with the LG where I've been able to babysit it throughout the day. If you want to be able to leave it for the day, it would be better to get a more reliable incubator :(

Back
Top Bottom