Little giant incubator trouble

If you're using paper towels just take the plug out and use a straw to wet them through that hole. I line mine with paper towels laid flat just so I can adjust humidty that way, my towels are flat not bunched because I use a turner. So you can line the mesh with towels and keep humidity stable if your bator is set up in a temp and humidity controlled environment. Mine is always in the living room, so no spikes except when eggs hatch but that is going to happen.:)
Do you keep the eggs in the turner when you hatch and just unplug it to stop the turning? I live in a variable but often humid area. Do you fill the water wells or just use the towels? I was very concerned by how the first chicks played soccer with the unhatched eggs...

Do you keep the eggs in the turner when you hatch and just unplug it to stop the turning? I live in a variable but often humid area. Do you fill the water wells or just use the towels? I was very concerned by how the first chicks played soccer with the unhatched eggs...
I took out the turner and I filled the water wells and added paper towels

I take the turner out at lockdown. At the start of incubation I only fill half the wells. At lockdown turner is removed, the wells I filled at the start are slightly topped off and at that time I line the mesh with paper towels. As long as your wells aren't filled to the top wicking isn't an issue. :)

Back
Top Bottom