little giant incubator

My LG works great
Just dont change the temp in the house much cause it will change the time in the incubator.

My last hatch came out great! This hatch is JUST as good.

I really like my LG also i have not had any spiking on the temp at all and I'm on day 10 of my incubation the temp stay at 100 and it has not moved and my water wiggler is also the same temp. Good luck

do you guy's get fog on your LG window's???

My humidity stay's in the mid 40's most of the time and i have no fog. Just was wondering if you guy's ever have/had fog. I also leave the lower red cap out. Before, i would leave it in and got temp spikes...but with it out..the temp stays VERY solid. I have to add water more often, but not too much.

I bought an LG still air and auto egg turner and I like it. I only tried hatching once and never got a chick....but that was my fault. I never had problems with the temp spiking. BUT the only problem I did have with it was keeping the humidity high enough. I had every water well filled, washcloths, sponges and extra water bowls and still couldn't get it high enough. Plus the water wells are hard to tell where they are to re-fill if you got a turner in there, since everythings white. This time, I drew a line around each water well so I can see where to add water. I've had mine plugged in for 2 days now and its holding the same temp so far, no fluctuation. Eventually I plan to get a better one, but as for right now...this one was cheap (about $80-$90 for bator and turner). Also the knob on the LG is very touchy. You barely have to touch it to change temp.

Quote:
Glue, or somehow attach, a 1" knob to the thermostat stem. The knob could be bigger than 1". The larger the knob/dial the more "resolution" you will have when you move the knob. In other words, if you put a mark on your knob and a mark on your incubator and line them up together and then turn the 1" knob so that it's mark is 1/4" away from the mark on the incubator you will probably only turned the stem maybe 1/32". You will have much more adjustment precision. Look back up in the thread and check Jessica117's photos out where she added a knob and you'll see somewhat what I'm talking about.

Best wishes,
Ed

i used a little giant with my first hatch i had about a 70% hatch but that could be my fault too im a first timer! but they are easy but alot of work and you have to turn them yourself unless you buy a turner too tat cost as much as the bator so.. and you constantly hav to watch the temp its kinda a art to keep it steady!

I just finished my first with the LG still-air. I hatched 4 out of 6 guinea eggs. One died early (blood ring), and the other one died at about 20 days - bacteria I believe (started to weep). The other four hatched perfectly between day 27 and 28; all within a 3 hour period. No excess humidity or sticky membranes.

I used the Accurite thermometer/hydrometer, and temps stayed within range. I do agree that the slightest adjustment can cause the temps to spike or drop, and I will get a dimmer switch (like the one recommended) for my next hatch. I did have it in a room with no temperature fluctuations.

Other than the sensitivity, I am happy with it. Of course, this is my first hatch!
smile.png

I use an LG and don't babysit it. It works great! Get yourself a water weasel and you will see air temp may vary, but internal temps do not.
wink.png

I have an lg and I have yet to have a temp spike. if its closed and felt be temp never changes unless i open to candle it drops a few degrees then is right where it needs to be in 5 min. i love it i'm on day 12 i have only needed to top off the well once so far and the humidity has been steady at 47 to 49. I have the turner also i have only had to opened it twice in 12 days once to candle on day 10 and add a little water also.

I could see it having issues if its in a room thats not a stable temp or drafty its easier for foam incubators to be effected by the room their in.

Quote:
Nice pics. I've been thinking of doing this, as I have 10 computers in my garage I bought for a buck at a city auction. I just bought my LG at an auction this weekend.

Question: I see you ran the wires from the fan back down toward the bottom of the circuit board, but the manner and area of connection are hidden on the pics. Can you tell me where the connection to the power is?

Another picture showing that would be great.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom