Little Giant Still Incubator Thread!!!

Thank you for all of the suggestions. I will soon, next week, set up my "free" LG and get it ready for my first set of eggs.
clap.gif
Have hatched before but with an old molded plastic incubator that was borrowed. Thank you again!

I put some paper towel under the wire and make sure the reservoirs are filled with water. The paper towel may get wet but that is ok. I also add a half pint mason jar with warm water and a sponge in it. The sponge acts like a wick. Also since you are using a LG incubator the small holes line up perfectly so you can squirt water into the holes and the water will go into the jars to fill them and don't have to open the incubator up. The the humidity and temperature will change but I don't touch that dial. It will settle out. It takes hours for the internal temperature of the eggs to change. Sometimes I may need to put two jars in. I keep the humidity around 35% during incubation and bring it up to around 75% during lockdown. The plugs are out during lockdown. The eggs need the added airflow. If the humidity goes down during lockdown I put a straw in a hole and squirt a little warm water on the paper towel. the moisture will spread out some but that is ok. I did put a milk bottle cap on the thermostat control which works great. Since I have been doing my hatching like this my hatch rate has went up and I have had 100% hatches which i never thought before was possible. originally my hatches were around 60% to 70%.

IMG_3409.jpg
IMG_3562.jpg
IMG_3561.jpg
Pictureb101.jpg

Back
Top Bottom