LITTLE GIANT Vs. HOVA BATOR

Quote:
Haha sweet. I have 2 cats as well! Good to hear the resistance on these machines is strong too lol.
lau.gif

Quote:
I've had my styrofoam incubator since 1981 or 82. A friend borrowed it and must have spilt something hot on it. It's kind of melted on top but not all the way through. I folded a paper bag up and taped it over the area and it still works great. I sometimes wish it would break so I'd have an excuse to buy a new one but at the same time, I would really hate to loose this one. My dad, (now deceased), had bought it for me. I don't hatch as much lately (let the hens do the work) but I usually try to get at least one hatch a year for the last ten years or so. I would get eggs from people and hatch them and have to give the cute little chicks back.
hit.gif
It's only the past year and a half that I've been able to keep chickens again
ya.gif
wee.gif

Well your dad must have been a smart man. He got you a very sturdy piece of equipment there. Nothing beats sentimental value.

Quote:
That is the trouble I will be facing this summer. During the warm weather we have our house pretty cold. So im thinking about putting the incubator in the closet where its warmer and is within 10 degrees of the incubator temp.

Quote:
I've had my styrofoam incubator since 1981 or 82. A friend borrowed it and must have spilt something hot on it. It's kind of melted on top but not all the way through. I folded a paper bag up and taped it over the area and it still works great. I sometimes wish it would break so I'd have an excuse to buy a new one but at the same time, I would really hate to loose this one. My dad, (now deceased), had bought it for me. I don't hatch as much lately (let the hens do the work) but I usually try to get at least one hatch a year for the last ten years or so. I would get eggs from people and hatch them and have to give the cute little chicks back.
hit.gif
It's only the past year and a half that I've been able to keep chickens again
ya.gif
wee.gif

It probably was not hot water they spilled on it..

with styrofoam you have to be very careful with petroleum products.

just try to fill a styrofoam cup with gasoline sometime, or do like my friend did in my boat and spill a little gas on the styrofoam minow bucket.. instant disolve..

I have an LG still air, forced air, and a hovabator model 1583. I used to be one of those "I love my LG" types, but I have a new love now. Since I set up the hovabator, the temperature has literally not moved at all!! I think I might sell the LG and get another hovabator!

No that's just it, my LG I have to watch constantly, but the hovabator I check often, but never need to mess with it. It is amazing how different they are, especially when they are about the same price!

Back
Top Bottom