little peeps! (6 babies and PICS!!!)

tiny buttons

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 5, 2010
this is the first time i've ever incubated quail eggs. i've got nine button eggs sitting right now, it's day seventeen, and i'm starting to hear peeps!

eeee! i'm so excited!

Last edited:
there is nothing I love more then the popcorn hatching of buttons please keep us updated and
welcome-byc.gif
and and pictures are requaired lol jk

I woke up to my first baby this morning! Oh my word... I knew they were going to be small, but after hatching so many ducks, I just really didn't realize how small.

Oh the adorableness.

I have other eggs a'rockin, too!

tumblr_kxiycpTv7l1qap99no1_500.jpg

And I've already had a, "Oh my God, I killed it" moment.

Little yellow Lucky here took off like a bat out of hell the moment I opened the incubator, which was sitting on a shelf. She fell into a bucket full of all kinds of crap, so I had to gently get everything out of the bucket without letting anything fall and crush her. But she's running around now... No worse for the wear.

tumblr_kxj7rcnl9g1qap99no1_500.jpg

Ohhhh - I raised buttons once and there is NO CUTER chick to be had. The smallness of it all LOL MOST PRECIOUS they are!! Enjoy and please, post lots-o-chick-pics
love.gif

Dark Baby
tumblr_kxjne80MV71qap99no1_500.jpg
tumblr_kxjnfj1ZD41qap99no1_500.jpg

Dark Head Baby
tumblr_kxjniuwxru1qap99no1_500.jpg
tumblr_kxjnj4kWCd1qap99no1_500.jpg

and "Other"
tumblr_kxjnjdHykn1qap99no1_500.jpg

Anyone have any guesses as to what they'll look like when they're older?

Oh they are so cute and tiny, We had quails when I was a kid. I remember Dad having to put up extra chick wire at the bottom of the avairy to keep them in or they would be running around the lawn.
Can you put quails in with chickens?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom