Little Rooster won't stop crowing if he can't see me.

I've already fought that battle with my silkie roo....he won lol 😆 ever since he saw me as a chick he didn't care about chicken stuff he just wanted to be with me. It doesn't always happen but once they imprint on you they won't take no for an answer.
My silkie rooster is a house roo that sleeps in rabbit hutch in my room wears chicken diapers and uses puppy pad if needed.His flock consists of a chihuahua, cat, my kids, and my husband. He does everything with us trips, park, drive thru you name it. All you have to say is you wanna go bye bye!!? and he starts to flaping his wings and bocks loud!
20210104_234311.jpg
lol he's a trip.
I have all my other chickens in the coop. He chose me and let me know he was not a chicken and wouldn't stand to be treated as such.

I've already fought that battle with my silkie roo....he won lol 😆 ever since he saw me as a chick he didn't care about chicken stuff he just wanted to be with me. It doesn't always happen but once they imprint on you they won't take no for an answer.
My silkie rooster is a house roo that sleeps in rabbit hutch in my room wears chicken diapers and uses puppy pad if needed.His flock consists of a chihuahua, cat, my kids, and my husband. He does everything with us trips, park, drive thru you name it. All you have to say is you wanna go bye bye!!? and he starts to flaping his wings and bocks loud!View attachment 2735061 lol he's a trip.
I have all my other chickens in the coop. He chose me and let me know he was not a chicken and wouldn't stand to be treated as such.
That is adorable! I would love to have a cuddly house chicken at some point. Maybe when I retire and have more time to spend at home with him/her :lol:

My silkie rooster is a house roo that sleeps in rabbit hutch in my room wears chicken diapers and uses puppy pad if needed.His flock consists of a chihuahua, cat, my kids, and my husband. He does everything with us trips, park, drive thru you name it. All you have to say is you wanna go bye bye!!? and he starts to flaping his wings and bocks loud!View attachment 2735061 lol he's a trip.
Oh my goodness I love it so much! AHHHHH! He's to cute!

This is totally adorable!

Sadly even though I love love love reading and watching these animal bonding stories, I've come to discover that I'm not a fan of physical contact, human or animal :hit

So I just living vicariously through awesome stories like these....

I hatched four chicks from two different farms at the end of April. They were a week apart and my first hatched chicks acted like normal chicks and still do. The last two are both very attached to humans, to the point where they prefer to be out of the brooder and held, cuddled, napped with. I have younger kids so that's easily done and they get tons of attention, BUT...the roo of this pair is particularly fond of me. He has always just wanted to be able to visually see me and would "call out" for me as soon as he can't see me. He would chirp until he seemed to wear himself out. I have never had chicks who acted like this, and had them checked out to make sure they were ok. Physically they are perfectly fine. My problem is that now my chicks are beyond the age to be moved outside to the big coop, but my little roo has started crowing (that squeaky crowing that sounds like they are hitting puberty) and will now crow as loud as possible when I leave him. I have tried to take him outside to our smaller coop and sit with him. He's fine until I leave and then he runs around crowing like crazy to the point where I have to bring him back in. Even when he's out there with his sister. He's a silkie and I am completely willing to build him something inside to be near us so he's comfortable, but if I can get him to be ok with being outside with other chickens, I know that's healthier for him. Does anyone have any experience with something like this and "fixed" it, do they eventually grow out of it?...or am I just going to have a house rooster?
i have a silkie mixed rooster who i hatched along with 2 other chickens and 6 ducks… he was so small compared to the others he was getting bullied so i had to separate him from the others. since he was alone i’d get him to spend time with him so he wasn’t sad from being alone. he’s gotten to attached to me he’s like a dog 😂he’s a house rooster now and screams and crows but only if i leave the room

Why do you have to bring him back in?
What happens if you just leave him out?

When he is in the house, is he also noisy when you go out of sight? Is he different in the day vs. at night?

I've never heard of this before, and have no experience, so I'm not sure what to advise.
I saved a few baby chick from a tagu monitor and they are still attached to me.. when they were chick's (especially the one I saved from dehydration) would call out for me until they found me then would perch on me and sleep.. I had to spend a lot of time outside so they could learn to be chickens and get vitamins from the sun...

I know maybe off topic, but I wonder if a young cockerel like this would become aggressive after puberty or if he would still be friendly toward owner? I am starting on our second roo experiment, first was hand raised, I am letting Mama hen raise this one and have not handled him, mama is already teaching them I am the food provider. Hopefully will have a non-aggressive rooster toward humans.

Back
Top Bottom