Little Rooster won't stop crowing if he can't see me.

Of you live with neighbors near you or have a chicken that freaks out whenever you are not in eyesight, it's not a good thing. And I would not have a dog that barked constantly when I was out of the room, period.

Besides, the question isn't mine, so it doesn't really matter what I would do with an obnoxious male
I would go for the chicken and simply move but that’s just me :) if I were her I would talk to my neighbor and simply give free eggs and stop spoiling mabye let it be and talk to my next door people about it.

Different people have different stances on culling, which is fine. However, these kinds of posts are not productive for the thread and are unnecessary.
I’m just saying but I’m sorry if it’s offensive it’s just wrong to kill someone that really loves you. I’ll ignore this thread :). I also don’t think the Op wants to kill it,

Thank you. This is what I’m trying and thankfully my neighbors are leaving soon for vacation so I can let him scream it out longer outdoors. I am not sure how long is safe to leave him throwing a tantrum. Not sure if chickens can drop dead from stress. Hope not.
Try spraying him with a water pistol each time he starts throwing a tantrum. This should cure him quickly.

This method is only to use in warm weather, so if you are living in Australia nearing winter, don't spray.

But allow normal crowing without water response.

I've already fought that battle with my silkie roo....he won lol 😆 ever since he saw me as a chick he didn't care about chicken stuff he just wanted to be with me. It doesn't always happen but once they imprint on you they won't take no for an answer.
My silkie rooster is a house roo that sleeps in rabbit hutch in my room wears chicken diapers and uses puppy pad if needed.His flock consists of a chihuahua, cat, my kids, and my husband. He does everything with us trips, park, drive thru you name it. All you have to say is you wanna go bye bye!!? and he starts to flaping his wings and bocks loud!View attachment 2735061 lol he's a trip.
I have all my other chickens in the coop. He chose me and let me know he was not a chicken and wouldn't stand to be treated as such.
This is totally adorable!

Sadly even though I love love love reading and watching these animal bonding stories, I've come to discover that I'm not a fan of physical contact, human or animal :hit

So I just living vicariously through awesome stories like these....

I know maybe off topic, but I wonder if a young cockerel like this would become aggressive after puberty or if he would still be friendly toward owner? I am starting on our second roo experiment, first was hand raised, I am letting Mama hen raise this one and have not handled him, mama is already teaching them I am the food provider. Hopefully will have a non-aggressive rooster toward humans.

Back
Top Bottom