Little Runner

So if I decide to keep her in the house will the interaction with the others be enough?
Right now you need to keep her inside so she doesn't chill. You have a heat lamp for her?

Take her outside when the weather is warm and let Flossy and Felix see her and her them, they will get use to her when she gets larger. isn't it funny how full grown ducks can be afraid of ducklings.

She is adorable for sure.

PS when my Muscovy hatched my gander [I am not kidding] lol

well I tried vent sexing and guess I didn't do it right because Samatha turned out to be Samson.
hmm.png

Right now you need to keep her inside so she doesn't chill. You have a heat lamp for her?

Take her outside when the weather is warm and let Flossy and Felix see her and her them, they will get use to her when she gets larger. isn't it funny how full grown ducks can be afraid of ducklings. 

She is adorable for sure.

PS when my Muscovy hatched my gander [I am not kidding] lol

well I tried vent sexing and guess I didn't do it right because Samatha turned out to be Samson. :/

Oh yes! Right now she is definitely inside & she has spent sometime in her container outside when it has been 70+° she is doing great! I was actually asking for future reference... like if i decide to keep her as a houseduck. She is getting along so well with everyone I think I've finally won the battle!
1f606.png
1f609.png
I was just wondering how that worked.

I get it! Flossy was Fred for awhile! Lol!

CALLING @Miss Lydia& @Amiga CALLING ON ALL MY GO TOO DUCK PARENTS!

So I just read this thread where the ducklings starved to death & pretty much freaked out! I have these two feeds (the big bad was bought accidently for the big ducks- I will also have their usual ALL FLOCK tomorrow as well) are these OK for sassyfras??

I would stick with the starter for Sasyfras, plus a tablespoon of brewer's yeast per cup of food.

Storey's guide recommended a pinch of chick grit in their food daily, which is what I did.

I also gave mine a few treats each week, and wish I could have given them a wider variety of treats. They like peas and lettuce, which I gave them as ducklings, but don't like anything red.

I would stick with the starter for Sasyfras, plus a tablespoon of brewer's yeast per cup of food.

Storey's guide recommended a pinch of chick grit in their food daily, which is what I did.

I also gave mine a few treats each week, and wish I could have given them a wider variety of treats.  They like peas and lettuce, which I gave them as ducklings, but don't like anything red.

Ok. Sheeessshh! I had a moment there! I gave her a piece of mashed banana earlier & she liked it!-- however Floss & Felix won't eat anything treat wise but cat/dog food, crickets, & worms! I've tried peas a few times... nothing! That doesn't interfere with their spoiling tho! Lol!

I don't know what I would do without y'all! Lawd! I had a mini heart attack!
1f61b.png

Back
Top Bottom