Live chicks on web cam!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mishafarms, Apr 4, 2009.

1. mishafarms

mishafarms New Egg

Mar 12, 2009
    Corning, Ca
    After 6 years of having the space, DH FINALLY agreed to chicks and we've been building a coop. We were crushed when we found out that the mailing hatcheries are pretty much sold out until the summer months and beyond.
    We found a chick fest 2 hours away and planned to go there on Saturday (today.) Thursday, we went for supplies at Richfield Feed , a local feed store on the old 99 about 5 minutes away. They had just about everything we wanted and then some. Even though we originally agreed on 8, we went home with 12.
    We were so scared and excited!!
    DH put a web cam in the guest house where they are now brooding.
    If you want to check them out, you can go to our new site for our little 10 Acres of the planet and click on the pic and log in to see the live video

http://www.mishafarms.us then click on the pic and use the guest login

Best wishes,
    Sharon

PS Thanks to EVERYONE on BYC who have educated and inspired us to "take the plunge" We feel very blessed to have you all AND our new peeps!
    [​IMG]

2. MNmommy

MNmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    central MN
    That is so cool!! Congrats on the new additions

3. MNmommy

MNmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    central MN
    I just checked in on them again...I am living thru you until my chicks get here!

4. rhondapiper

rhondapiper Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks for the link and congrats on the chicks. Mine don't arrive for another month, so I'm also getting a chick fix thanks to your webcam. My, they are busy little things!

5. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Aw... you've got some who are already good little diggers! One was flinging shavings all over her brooder mate. [​IMG]

Welcome to BYC & congrats on the new babies. They will bring you many, many hours of entertainment, peace, company, and enjoyment.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by