Kiki's Tea Party. Game Over

What was in your tea cup?

• Total voters
Whoa, you visited Hobbiton?!?!? You've got to send me pics!!!
I have lots of pics! The ones I already posted were approaching the Green Dragon Inn and part of the feast once there. Here are a couple more fun ones.
0428191724a.jpg
0428191950.jpg

awesomeness dude!
I've been thinking about doing a "wrap" paintjob on my ole '99 F350 and the skateboard (GN 32' flatbed) then depending on how it works out I might want to maybe play with the C.U.T. and implements? I'm game for any and all wisdom you have time to share over the coming months....
First thing the body has to be as perfect as it can be. People think vinyl will hide chips and stuff but it actually shows more than paint. Vinyl is between 2.5 and 8 mil depending on finish, and brand avery sw900 is 3.2 whereas paint can easily be double that. So it shows everything. Satin and matte colors show worse cause the whole point of them are to bring out the curves and body lines. Dings will look like craters lol. Also there's 2 different types of adhesive pressure or heat activated I suggest use pressure activated like avery it just easier to work with. Ideal outside tamp would be about 80 to 85 degrees cooler and the vinyl wants to RIP and does not stretch and conform well too hot and it is too stretchy and the finish can distort. The key is to have the correct purpose built tools. I get all my material and supplies from metro restyling on the net. Watch justin pate on youtube also CK wraps I prefer justin pate. Once you get the feel of how it reacts to different temps and you start getting the idea on how to work it itll get easier like all things learned. I like it cause like I said it's not permanent and it's a whole lot cleaner to work with than paint lol.
Pm me if and when you have any questions
As far as vinyl showing here's a truck before i wrapped I didnt realize how detailed the body lines were. I couldn't see them now you sure can

20200225_173425.jpg

My rattle can

20200531_164433.jpg

20200531_164427.jpg

Completely dry on my counter

Last edited:
Update on run away hen: She is in the coop, we made a place in a nesting box with fresh hay and 2 fake eggs for her, I am not sure she will decide to brood there. She came out the box shortly after I placed her in and ate, drank, checked out the coop and roosting area, scratched around in the hay under the roost, preened herself some and stood by the door as if she expected me to let her out again. We will see where she is tomorrow.

When I picked her up I checked her carefully for injuries, she had none, but did have some small bald spots, where her feathers had been pulled out around her neck and tail feathers, as well as her breast (which may have been for her nest). She was sitting on 20 eggs.

We did the water test on the eggs and only one floated to the top, DH took it out and tried to place it on the ground, but it exploded (I was no where close for that). The other 19 eggs sank to the bottom of the bowl, but we decided to cook them for the hens.

Thank goodness, 4 were rotten even though they had passed the float test with flying colors, they were flat on the bottom. So I don't know that I would trust the float test.

So all is well with the ladies tonight.

First thing the body has to be as perfect as it can be. People think vinyl will hide chips and stuff but it actually shows more than paint. Vinyl is between 2.5 and 8 mil depending on finish, and brand avery sw900 is 3.2 whereas paint can easily be double that. So it shows everything. Satin and matte colors show worse cause the whole point of them are to bring out the curves and body lines. Dings will look like craters lol. Also there's 2 different types of adhesive pressure or heat activated I suggest use pressure activated like avery it just easier to work with. Ideal outside tamp would be about 80 to 85 degrees cooler and the vinyl wants to RIP and does not stretch and conform well too hot and it is too stretchy and the finish can distort. The key is to have the correct purpose built tools. I get all my material and supplies from metro restyling on the net. Watch justin pate on youtube also CK wraps I prefer justin pate. Once you get the feel of how it reacts to different temps and you start getting the idea on how to work it itll get easier like all things learned. I like it cause like I said it's not permanent and it's a whole lot cleaner to work with than paint lol.
Pm me if and when you have any questions
As far as vinyl showing here's a truck before i wrapped I didnt realize how detailed the body lines were. I couldn't see them now you sure can

View attachment 2170932

My rattle can

View attachment 2170950
View attachment 2170951
Completely dry on my counter
I'm not understanding something.
This truck....is not painted it's wrapped with something?

It looks very nice!

Back
Top Bottom