Living life on the edge (of the incubator) hatch-a-long

Pics
Here are some photos of the first 4 chicks who hatched in our December hatch-a-long! They are looking adorable. The Wilkies are going through an awkward stage, I'll get some photos when they aren't so atrocious looking.

Star and Grinch
20240204_085737.jpg

Noel and Max
20240204_085822.jpg

They are impatiently waiting for their new coop to be done! We are all ready for them to move out of the house 🤣

@2ndTink I'm so excited about this hatch that I had a dream last night about you sending us candling pics. :lau
Ok, next time I candle I will try to get some photos!

I'm really excited for each and every chick thay is developing, from my silkies that I intent to breed to the SOP to the SFH that I've never had and I'm super excited for the little Ameraucana bantams too! Next will be some Ermine Ameraucanas and the GN D'uccles, and my egg basket is going to be looking top shelf! Just need a Maran or two and an olive egger...

Ok, next time I candle I will try to get some photos!

I'm really excited for each and every chick thay is developing, from my silkies that I intent to breed to the SOP to the SFH that I've never had and I'm super excited for the little Ameraucana bantams too! Next will be some Ermine Ameraucanas and the GN D'uccles, and my egg basket is going to be looking top shelf! Just need a Maran or two and an olive egger...
:yesss: :wee

I've updated Post #4, but here is the summary of all the named eggs.

I had several questionable eggs, I think they may be quitters, but I've left them in just in case.
G - good, alive!
? - possible quitters, unsure
ND - no development

Duchess - ? - @Obsessed With Silkies
Apex - G - @CoopBoots
Layla - ? - @Debbie292d
Larry - ? @Debbie292d
Valentina - G - @Galaxy_rules
Grace - G - @TwoCrows
Mocha - ND - @Sc_chickengirl
HVIT - ND - @Antiocheggers
Princess - ND - @TheDawg
Elpida - ND - @fluffycrow
Cherry - ND - @Nero70002
Pizza - ND - @lkb1230
Zenith - G - @CoopBoots
Blueberry - G - @Nero70002
Wisteria - G - @Chive
Pippa / Pippy - ND @Oob Child
Zen - ND - @TwoCrows
Xena / Zeus- ND - @GreenJay
Andy - ND - @BantyChooks
River - ND - @BantyChooks
Godzilla King - G - @ElfenLied89
Mothra - G - @QueenofKings
Green Bean - too dark to see - @lkb1230
Charlotte / Charlie - G - @GreenJay
Steve - G - @TheDawg
Lacey - G - @Obsessed With Silkies
Go Steve!

Star and Grinch
20240204_085737.jpg

I really love the color on this Silkie 😍 The little one next to him/her is also quite pretty!

I'd offer to name one of the yet to be named eggs, but I have about 20 or so birds of my own hatched last year that I'm still struggling to figure out names for 😵‍💫

Guaranteed nothing from my flock would even develop this time of year, but all these updates and candling pictures are really making me want to bust out my incubator as well...
sweat wipe brow.gif

Guess it's a good thing I didn't bust out the incubator yesterday after all. I have an injured pullet in my brooder now so no room for babies. :th

Back
Top Bottom