Living life on the edge (of the incubator) hatch-a-long

Pics
Oh yes, I remember you mentioning those as well! Should make for some pretty babies!

Grump Grump does sound really pretty! Do you have any pictures of her? I love Easter-eggers. 🥰 I'm sure that her babies with Chonkers will be pretty, too! Not quite the same thing, but I hatched a couple Silkie x EE mixes a few years back and they were quite eye-catching birds.

View attachment 3741039View attachment 3741038
Wow, gorgeous and great feather quality.

I kinda don't want to say anything because then he'll have to go and prove me wrong, but he's been a good little cockerel. He isn't aggressive to me, just chatters at me but doesn't wing dance or puff up. One thing I did see yesterday though, when I went in the coop, all the ladies came running in as usual, he did too, then ran back out and called them all to follow, it was hilarious because all the girls went piling back out into the run 🤣 so apparently they are listening to him and his reponse to me is to call his ladies away from me rather than feel he has to fight me. His brother JetPack on the other hand has turned into a complete ornery stinker. He is attacking me (not flogging but body slamming me) and attacking the waterer as we lift it up and set it back down. He's turned pretty violent already 😬 I've held him on his back and he'll leave me alone for a few days, then he's right back at it.
Oh no! Good luck with your naughty JetPack.

Oh yes, I remember you mentioning those as well! Should make for some pretty babies!

Grump Grump does sound really pretty! Do you have any pictures of her? I love Easter-eggers. 🥰 I'm sure that her babies with Chonkers will be pretty, too! Not quite the same thing, but I hatched a couple Silkie x EE mixes a few years back and they were quite eye-catching birds.

View attachment 3741039View attachment 3741038
Your silkie mixes turned out really pretty!

Here is a better color photo of Maple as a youngster, this is Grinch's mom.
20230617_182430.jpg

And Grump Grumps!
She's the grumpy pancake, she doesn't like the cold.
20220426_200613.jpg
20220131_183541.jpg
20220130_142413.jpg

Cold and grumpy again
20220129_095306.jpg
20230820_120859.jpg
Screenshot_20230615-124209_Gallery.jpg

Here's Juravenator all angry and broody, I have one egg from her and Chonkers developing
20230716_112539.jpg

A little late today on posting from the chick development article, but here it is!

Day 9

Hours 192 to 216

Claws appear and begin to grow. The allantois grows larger. Vascularization increases. The very first feather follicles are appearing. It's really starting to look like a chick!
Day 9!!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom