Living life on the edge (of the incubator) hatch-a-long

Pics
1706979479119.png

Casper disapproves of this discussion 🤣

He's such a pretty cat. If not THE prettiest, then the second prettiest cat I've ever seen. And I've seen a LOT of cats

And I missed the plant discussion!
Y'all have some lovely succulents!

Tink- I had a Twig like yours, kept getting bigger, gave it to hubby and few years later he'd turned it into a massive cascade style bonsai. I'll see if he has a picture of it, LoL I'm sure he does.
Portulacaria afra aka Jade plant is very popular for bonsai. It'll grow bigger if you move it outside when your weather warms up.

And here is a pic of my massive adenium, aka Desert Rose. (that's a 24" paving stone it's sitting on) I've had it for over three decades now, it weighs a ton and needs repotting again but I haven't found something big enough for it. Anyone wanna come help repot it? 🤣

Okay, back to the eggs now! 😁

Attachments

• IMG_2023-04-25-17-04-21-354.jpg
    IMG_2023-04-25-17-04-21-354.jpg
    794.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2023-04-25-17-03-58-552.jpg
    IMG_2023-04-25-17-03-58-552.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 5
And I missed the plant discussion!
Y'all have some lovely succulents!

Tink- I had a Twig like yours, kept getting bigger, gave it to hubby and few years later he'd turned it into a massive cascade style bonsai. I'll see if he has a picture of it, LoL I'm sure he does.
Portulacaria afra aka Jade plant is very popular for bonsai. It'll grow bigger if you move it outside when your weather warms up.

And here is a pic of my massive adenium, aka Desert Rose. (that's a 24" paving stone it's sitting on) I've had it for over three decades now, it weighs a ton and needs repotting again but I haven't found something big enough for it. Anyone wanna come help repot it? 🤣

Okay, back to the eggs now! 😁

:love:love:love:love:love:love:love

Oh its doing fabulous! The plant itself has never looked better and its starting to flower! The stem grew to over 2 ft long and the flower end was heavy so I propped up the stem on another plant. (I had to close the blinds to get the flower photo, the stripey zebra succulent plant is shooting out another flower stem, it refuses to quit flowering! You can see the thinner stalk lower left....)

View attachment 3744921

View attachment 3744922
How do you keep your plants so beautiful? I kill mine within 6 months. :(

Do you know the exact species? I find that haworthia are excellent indoor succulents. Don't know much about English ivy care, only that it's growing in multiple places around the property
Portulacaria afra variegata, echeveria, and sedum adolphi sunset... from the labels of three recent casualties of my plant endeavours.

Portulacaria afra variegata, echeveria, and sedum adolphi sunset... from the labels of three recent casualties of my plant endeavours.

Ok, so you also had an elephant bush. You had the variegated form, which is even harder to keep happy indoors due to its lack of chlorophyll in certain parts of the leaf. Echeveria are easy to etiolate, and sedum sunsets are a beautiful sunset type colour (as the name suggests) when sun stressed, which leads me to believe that they also did not get enough sun. All of this applies if they were kept indoors, or in shade. If not, then there probably were other factors

Back
Top Bottom