Living life on the edge (of the incubator) hatch-a-long

Maybe better photos, silver and gold, lol

View attachment 3750887
View attachment 3750888
So gorgeous. ❤️

I think that silver/gray might be a blue. You said one dad was a leaky blue so maybe this is his, but then who's its mother as surely it's not a chocolate.

The others, I dunno as they look like they are partially bluish/grayish too. I would hang onto those just a couple of weeks to see what they start becoming in case it's something new and different you'd like to keep permanently. Don't you love a surprise? It's that "box of chocolates" thing again... ☺️

So gorgeous. ❤️

I think that silver/gray might be a blue. You said one dad was a leaky blue so maybe this is his, but then who's its mother as surely it's not a chocolate.

The others, I dunno as they look like they are partially bluish/grayish too. I would hang onto those just a couple of weeks to see what they start becoming in case it's something new and different you'd like to keep permanently. Don't you love a surprise? It's that "box of chocolates" thing again... ☺️
The thing is, these are 100% hatched out if the chocolate pullets darker, rounder, eggs. Thats why I'm really wondering what these are. If they could have hatched from the partridge or the splash, eh, I wouldn't wonder much. But from the chocolate, this is a mystery!

Ah, there's where the light ones came from then I bet. I think that solves the mystery!
I'm wondering, he would have been able to breed until that second to last week in Jan. He was one of my hubby's favorites, he likes all the non standard ones. This cockerel was the furthest from SOP of all of them 🙄, color, comb, and wattles.

I know these aren't great photos, but @pipdzipdnreadytogo @Debbie292d (and any other chocolate geneticists!) I have a couple silver colored, and yellowy chicks from my chocolate pullet 🤔 what might these actually be?

How many chicks hatched from her and were any of them dark?

I'm thinking recessive white is at play here. Silkies are known to have the gene and it can be carried unseen until two carriers happen to breed and produce white offspring.

That lighter colored cockerel looks like a leaky splash or a splash partridge, so I'm not sure he gives us all the answers... The silvery chick could be a light-colored Mauve out of him and the Chocolate hen, though. 🤔

@2ndTink Hows the backwards little guy, did he manage to escape the egg? :fl
Yes! Seargent Pepper made it out! He has a curled foot from the ordeal but he's shuffling around the brooder pretty darn well with a band-aid and tape bootie 🥰

I have a bad quality photo... let me find it, he was not waiting around for a photo, he wanted to explore!
20240218_101005.jpg
20240218_101009.jpg

Yes! Seargent Pepper made it out! He has a curled foot from the ordeal but he's shuffling around the brooder pretty darn well with a band-aid and tape bootie 🥰

I have a bad quality photo... let me find it, he was not waiting around for a photo, he wanted to explore!
View attachment 3751480
View attachment 3751481
So awesome to know he made it! Congrats! :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom