Living out of city but still told no!

Bluedynastygurl1

Hatching
Apr 10, 2020
Hi all I was just about to purchase my first chickens today after finishing the coop up and was put to a haunt by my land owner telling me no 😣🤬 I live in Montana. A small town called havre. I am about a mile outside of the actual city! It’s a dirt road trailer court. Mind you this a hole lady says no to EVERYTHING tho. ( tree swing, punching bag, hammock, fire pit etc) It’s private property is about all I know and she also said today that it is considered residential zoned. I mean there’s literally chickens across the highway and farm animals around their homes. Don’t really see how this is residentially zoned when the pound won’t even come out here and the city does nothing out here but spray for bugs. They fix nothing. Please help if u know if this is bogus or maybe a way around it 😞

Unfortunately a landlord has a lot of control of a tenant when it comes to certain things. Even if you are legally allowed to own chickens, if the property is not yours and the property owner says no then it’s a no.

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. But if you think she said no because she thinks the city/county doesn’t allow it then do your research and present her with the facts. If she still says no, then she has the right to 😕

The land owner can make whatever rules she wants to make on her own property. It sounds as though you are renting a space on her property. Basically it's their property so it's their rules.

I do understand your frustration. I lived on rented land for many years. There were a lot of things I could not do as the owner said no. No dogs. No swings. No fences. If I had company that stayed more than a couple nights the owner wanted to know and would charge me extra for having company because the company would use water that the owner supplied. Thankfully it was cheap living. I saved up and now have my own piece of land.

Back
Top Bottom