Living with a paralyzed chicken

Probably not ideal no. Lol But you can use a cheese grater to slice up some carrots and apples into a bit of a mush and then press it between a couple of spoons to get some juice. You wouldn't need much. If you wanted to give it a try and see if it works for her. And mix in the juice. I hope the juice idea works. Please let me know. :D

She ignores carrots, pears and apples so I used blackberries and water which did peak her interest on eating some crumble but she ignored it the second time. I’m going to try some other versions or maybe Miss Picky just prefers a food rotation. 😂 Thank you!

She ignores carrots, pears and apples so I used blackberries and water which did peak her interest on eating some crumble but she ignored it the second time. I’m going to try some other versions or maybe Miss Picky just prefers a food rotation. 😂 Thank you!
I hope you find a combo she likes. Maybe when watermelon and cantaloupe are back in season she would like those better. Lol

She is precious! I do wonder if it’s more than one bad leg, as it seems she’d hop around better on one foot? If it were Marek’s, the flock would have already been exposed. How long has she been away from them?

Her first flock all passed. She was with our new hens for a couple weeks but then got Coccidia and moved inside on 10/14 and has been separated since. The new 3 birds have had no symptoms of any illness. All birds in both flocks were vaccinated but our vet still thinks that is what it is.

She has been using her bad foot a little more. If it’s under her she’ll put weight on it and she’s curling her toes so I’m not entirely sure.

Thank you! We do add cider vinegar to her water sometimes. I will def give her more. We also just upgraded her from the bathtub. :)

Attachments

• 82A12D4A-308F-434C-9906-C70EB68E79F6.jpeg
    82A12D4A-308F-434C-9906-C70EB68E79F6.jpeg
    354.4 KB · Views: 9
She is so darling! How old is she? Are you giving her enough calcium if she's old enough to lay?

She was prescribed calcium for the vet but she then said it could have caused the leg issue and to stop giving it to her. I’m still worried it isn’t enough since she’s ignoring her crumble. I’ve given her some plain yogurt a couple times but it makes her poo messier. I do think her water supplement has calcium as well. Are there any other good sources to try?

Back
Top Bottom