Living with a paralyzed chicken

No progress on foot use but I did get her a layer feed that is more of mixed seed instead of crumble or pullets and she’s eating it all! I’ve cut back in treats to make sure she’s filling up on feed but she’s still getting the occasional blueberry.

I didn't read all of the comments so sorry if this is a repeat, but if she is eating anything other than chicken feed, you need to supply her with grit.

oh yes I have grit as well and she loves sorghum seeds so I shook a bag of sorghum and grit which I’m using as scratch mixed with her feed. Thanks for the reminder!

Exciting news! Marion resumed laying eggs on New Year’s Day. It seems to take a lot out of her so I’ve been giving her a little honey in her water and she has a nice bath this morning. She’s definitely trying really hard to stay mobile.

Exciting news! Marion resumed laying eggs on New Year’s Day. It seems to take a lot out of her so I’ve been giving her a little honey in her water and she has a nice bath this morning. She’s definitely trying really hard to stay mobile.
It seemed to me like she's really trying to learn to walk in some way shape or form. Glad she is doing better.

I’m following your story. I have a bird that for no explained reason, won’t stand up. Possible leg injury or nerve issue. She was fine on Saturday and wouldn’t stand yesterday. Keep posting your updates. It’s helpful to see the progression of your bird.

I’m following your story. I have a bird that for no explained reason, won’t stand up. Possible leg injury or nerve issue. She was fine on Saturday and wouldn’t stand yesterday. Keep posting your updates. It’s helpful to see the progression of your bird.

How is your chicken doing? I haven’t been updating much but Marion is doing well. She laid 3 eggs then stopped again. Other than that no health issues and she’s the heaviest she’s ever been. I think she may be figuring out how to balance again now that she is a better weight. When she is outside she moves a lot but it hasn’t been warm enough to let her out. I don’t want her getting sick again.

Here is her earlier to day with her funny stance. It’s almost like she is doing splits.
EB222BAC-D4EF-4C2B-A9A2-10061689E3DD.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom