Local Pregnant Lady Dies from H1N1

By then I could possibly infect anyone - the little girl who gets but in the grocery cart seat after I've pushed it back into the store, the elderly lady who I help pick up her dropped purse, the man undergoing chemotherapy at the hospital who touches the elevator button after I exit.

Thank you catstar68
That is truly the definition of a pandemic. Then the little girl takes it to her school, the elderly lady will take it to the nursing home visiting, and the chemo patient will spread it to all the other chemo patients in the ATU.(All at risk groups)
and so on
and so on
and so on

Imp- I hope it doesn't get bad, but it could.​

All this flu stuff makes me want to hide inside my house!
hide.gif

Anyone wanna hug me and kiss me
lau.gif
I made Ken go to the store today so I didn't pass it around. He came home with typical man foods - chips ahoy, danishes, zingers, ritz crackers. At least he brought me the orange juice I sent him for.

Seriously, the h1n1 is like any other flu, except for the fact that as soon as you think you are better, BLAM! Back down for the count. My problem today (day 5) is sore throat and NO voice (Ken is rejoicing).

Does it make anyone else wonder if this virus wasn't manufactured and let loose into the population???? and I've never considered myself a consipiracy theorist, but after what "he" did on Friday to take away more of our freedom, I wonder even more.

I'm just sayin' ....

So sad about the young mothers...

Quote:
You're absolutely right, it doesn't. I can pass a germ around and be immunized and not even ill. I would pick it up from one spot and drop it off in another but I have not multiplied the infectious agent, in this case a virus. Viruses need a host cell to replicate since they are little more than strands of RNA and not really 'alive' in the strictest sense. Washing my hands like crazy and using hand sanitizer when I can helps though. If the virus gets in somehow then my immune system will already have the antibodies I need to identify it and dispatch it before it replicates - if the vaccine was effective and I have a proper immune response and subsequent antibody production.
That's small potatoes compared with being infectious. What I am really talking about is becoming a factory, the virus replicating in my cells and me wandering around shedding virus replicants by the billions on anything - or anyone - I come in contact with.
I'm just a link in the pandemic chain and the more links you can remove the weaker the chain will be.

Back
Top Bottom