Locating No Kill Hen Farms In The US

In general, that's true, but it's possible. I've already found small farms (under 100 birds) that allow their hens to live out their lives on their property in sheltered spaces. And you're right, adoption is an option too. As one owner said with their older hens, "they've more than payed for themselves and their up keep is minimal". In a country of 330 million people, I'll find more. These farms will never compete with big business but they're motivated from the heart first and not the wallet and these days there are thousands of people who will support that. I personally know dozens, do the math. I'm just trying to create a resource.
I am in Southern California and have just started my journey to find some humane no-kill egg farms. Do you have any on your list from So-Cal or close(ish)?

I am in Southern California and have just started my journey to find some humane no-kill egg farms. Do you have any on your list from So-Cal or close(ish)?
Impossible business model, unless they somehow prevent male eggs from being fertilized. I don't even believe sexing developing embryos in egg is possible, so the best case scenario in 2024 is sexing them after hatch- upon which time most males will be killed for food

No kill farms do not exist. At best they outsource their killing to others

Impossible business model, unless they somehow prevent male eggs from being fertilized. I don't even believe sexing developing embryos in egg is possible, so the best case scenario in 2024 is sexing them after hatch- upon which time most males will be killed for food

No kill farms do not exist. At best they outsource their killing to others
But if they euthanize, when THEY determine a hen is suffering?? Is that kosher to you all.

Back
Top Bottom