Lock Down Day! Anyone Else?

Yah ! I've got two pips !
celebrate.gif
No movement or noise and then bam two little holes :) Good luck everyone !!
fl.gif

I want to see pics of your naked necked frizzle! oh that sounded bad! LOL
here is my NN

Whoa, slow down, we've just met!
lau.gif

Fingers and toes are crossed that I get a naked neck that Frizzles. I ordered some chicks today and went ahead and ordered some Turkens with the others I needed to get. By golly if I don't get any this hatch, I will be creating them by Fall!

Today is lockdown for my 1st incubator test run eggs. Candled at days 7 and 10, got at least two that are great, one I was unsure of on day 7 but showed good veining on day 10 and dh swears he saw veining in the one I think is a quiter. Left them all in just in case. Last dozen sold hatched 10 out of 12 and customer was happy enough to order more:) can't wait for fuzzies! Tuesday is hatch day. I have to work Wednesday and I really want to see these first ones hatch so ... come on chickies! Btw- kids said it isn't fair cuz they have school and might miss it;-)

gimmie birdies,

I'm curious as to how your incubator works. It looks like cardboard with hardware cloth and a light source. How do you have the heat/light set up in relation to the eggs? how do you control humidity?

You're hatch is looking good, congrats!!
thumbsup.gif

I had made a bator out of a copier paper box before, and styrofoam coolers, but I wanted a smaller unit for just a few eggs. my copier box I used a 50 w bulb, I knew my 8''x9'' box would need a smaller light, I chose 15w and checked heat at 24hrs and it was just right at 100 (although still air bator should be 101.). The box has more holes then shown. and I raised and lowered lid to control the heat.

along with the heat shield, but 15 w is not very hot you can hold the heat shield with your hand and not get burned. You could just put foil under the light if you didn't have a metal bowl., The water dish is the little white dish under the metal bowl,(the metal bowl was for safety), but I dry hatched so I didn't put much water in it, until the 18th day. I don't like lock down at day 18 if I were to do it again I would wait until they internal pip, because then they would have sucked up all their fluids. I think people use to much water that is why people lose their hatches. Wet chicks and all. as far as worring about the moisture, I just went by air cells, I compared it to how it should be and if the egg was too low (didn't happen) I could add water if the air cell was to high then less water.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom