Lock down on Crested Duck eggs!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ~goingcluckcrazy~, Nov 28, 2011.

1. ~goingcluckcrazy~

~goingcluckcrazy~ Out Of The Brooder

Oct 12, 2011
    I am sooo excited!! I have8 out of 12 shipped eggs left. I understand the thing about the 25/25/50 thing.
    Any one have crested ducks?

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    I had a crested mallard. He was a feisty little thing but I do miss him. We'd love to see pics when they hatch [​IMG]

3. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    8 out of twelve is great for shipped eggs - even better for cresteds!! I have a few eggs in my bator right now- they are due in around a week. I have only kept one female so far from the ones I hatched over the last few months, sop i am looking forward to some more. She is just perfect though and I should wish for any more like her. Nice crest size without being to big or getting in her eyes.

4. ~goingcluckcrazy~

~goingcluckcrazy~ Out Of The Brooder

Oct 12, 2011
    All the ones fully developed ( 7 out of 8 ) Hatched!!! They are all yellow but one i pure black! Only the black one seems to have a crest though [​IMG] But oh well!
    Camera isant working sorry

5. duckdad

duckdad Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2011
    I've got a crested female Rouen.....Typically Rouen, except for the brighter blue wing stripe and her Don King big hair ! She's the most easy going and friendly of the bunch, and attracts the most attention with the big hair.

6. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    could you show us? [​IMG] congrats!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by