1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Lock down on Crested Duck eggs!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ~goingcluckcrazy~, Nov 28, 2011.

1. ~goingcluckcrazy~

~goingcluckcrazy~ In the Brooder

Oct 12, 2011
    I am sooo excited!! I have8 out of 12 shipped eggs left. I understand the thing about the 25/25/50 thing.
    Any one have crested ducks?

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Crowing Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    I had a crested mallard. He was a feisty little thing but I do miss him. We'd love to see pics when they hatch [​IMG]

3. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    8 out of twelve is great for shipped eggs - even better for cresteds!! I have a few eggs in my bator right now- they are due in around a week. I have only kept one female so far from the ones I hatched over the last few months, sop i am looking forward to some more. She is just perfect though and I should wish for any more like her. Nice crest size without being to big or getting in her eyes.

4. ~goingcluckcrazy~

~goingcluckcrazy~ In the Brooder

Oct 12, 2011
    All the ones fully developed ( 7 out of 8 ) Hatched!!! They are all yellow but one i pure black! Only the black one seems to have a crest though [​IMG] But oh well!
    Camera isant working sorry

5. duckdad

duckdad Chirping

Dec 4, 2011
    I've got a crested female Rouen.....Typically Rouen, except for the brighter blue wing stripe and her Don King big hair ! She's the most easy going and friendly of the bunch, and attracts the most attention with the big hair.

6. roocrazy

roocrazy Songster

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    could you show us? [​IMG] congrats!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by