lock down question

koda55533

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 19, 2011
this may sound silly but I hear that you are not supposed to open the incubator at all during lock down because of the humidity needing to be higher than during the previous days. but, how do you get the chicks out once they hatch and are dried, do you leave them in there until all of the others are out of their eggs or what? I would like to hear from anyone who has more experience than me, this is my first hatch and I am very excited!!

i've heard you're supposed to leave at least 6 hours between opening the 'bator so that the humidity can build up again. ive also heard of people only getting chicks out in the morning and at night so that it leaves enough time in between..

Chicks can live for 3 days on the yoke sac so I leave them in there. It's not going to hurt them to get fluffed up and they don't need food or water for those theee days (it's how chicks survive from being mailed). Now if the first one hatches on Sunday, I won't take them out till late Tuesday. If more eggs are to hatch, make it fast and get it closed back up.

Back
Top Bottom