Lockdown at Day 17?

UtahDuck

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 22, 2013
Salt Lake City, UT
Hi,
I have my incubator with two thermometers and a very accurate hygrometer. The temperature is 99-100, and hasn't gone down or spiked up, unless I open the bator to turn the eggs. and the temp. goes back to normal quickly. My humidity stays around 55% and all is good.

My question is, can you lock down your eggs on day 17? Does it affect the eggs at all to lockdown a day early, if it is too early?

Anyone?
hmm.png

Anyone else have any thoughts on going into lockdown on day 17? Will it hurt anything?

In general, no lockdown at day 17 isn't a killer. The only time I'd worry is if the air cells were small and needed more time in a lower humidity. (In the case of the original poster, which I notice this is an old thread) 55% humidity for the first 17 days is often a bit high and may lead to not enough moisture loss before hatch, but if air cells look good and early lockdown is needed, it shouldn't pose any problems. I had to lockdown at the end of day 17 one time because my temps run slightly high and I already had draw down and a couple internal pips.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom