Lockdown Begins....I am so nervous!

woot.gif
Congrats!! Let the pipping and zipping continue.

THanks, he or she is drying off nicely and a very lovely charcoal grey with what appears to be a black beak and black or very dark green legs, Daddy is an EE and Mommy is a BR.
I have several more tiny pips but some have not even completely opened the shell. I know everyone asks this but how long should I wait for them to open the shel themselves before I help? or should I even help?
One Pipped last night sometime around 10:30 but just barely cracked the shell should I be concerned about it? there are a couple of others this morning like that and one with a very clear hole in the shell. I hear chirping but it is hard to tell where it is coming from. I am trying to stay out of the incubator but I am a nervous Mom
idunno.gif

Give the chick some time though, usually the chick will rest about 24 hrs because it takes an effort for the little chick!

Congrats on the baby!!
love.gif

Well, I have been good and left everyone alone and they seem to be doing great, we have 6 moved to the brooder and another 5 still in the incubator getting dry and fluffy.
Still a few more eggs to hatch out. They technically are not even really due to hatch til tomorrow so I think I should quit worrying... LOL :lol:

Back
Top Bottom