Lockdown day for my hatch but should I wait a day or two

tonstevens

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 31, 2013
Today is day 18 for my hatch but some of my chicks are aren't filling up the egg should I give them a couple more days before having lockdown this is my first hatch and nerves

you can go ahead with lock down. the dangers of the chick sticking to the shell is past. did they all candle good? nerves are terrible dont matter if its the first time or the 100th.

I have a couple I'm not sure about but it's hard to see threw the shell so I just left them the others I could see veins and a little but of movement!!! My nerves are worse with waiting to see if they will hatch than waiting to go into labor with my little ones lol my husband just smiles at me and shakes his head lol

how can they just stand there?? mine is the same way. until they start hatching that is. then all noses in the house are pressed to the bator. lol

Lol idk I'm so excited!!!! I told him if I can't have more babies I will hatch chicks lol he won't take me Into tractor supply until this batch hatches an we see how many babies we get. To be honest I just hope one or two hatch my 4 year old has been waiting so well lol showed him a chick moving the other day candling and he wanted them to hatch than

Back
Top Bottom