LOCKDOWN DAY FOR THE SERAMAS!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by adiekaty, Sep 10, 2013.

1. On a side note, I have never had a serama hatch that didn't go into a sleepy coma when you turn them over and rub the belly. Serama chicks are great!

My first two as babies:

[​IMG]

One of my 5 week olds from a few days ago:

[​IMG]

2. adiekaty

adiekaty In the Brooder

Mar 24, 2013
    Banner, Wyoming
    Happy Birthday cute lil Serama!!!!! I have 3 pips, and this one who took 23 hrs to hatch,rearranging my set up lol!! spunky lil thing, pecking the eggs, sides of incubator, and even my plastic temp-humidity controller box!!-

3. adiekaty

adiekaty In the Brooder

Mar 24, 2013
    Banner, Wyoming
    trying to figure out how to post pics.. for now, everything is on instagram.. if your on there let me know!!

4. [​IMG][​IMG]

YAH!!!!!!!!!

5. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 Free Ranging

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Congrats!:yesss:

6. adiekaty

adiekaty In the Brooder

Mar 24, 2013
    Banner, Wyoming
    UPDATE:: 10 eggs went into lockdown, today is day 20, I have 4 Serama babies!!!!!! 1 pipped and zipped, but didn't make it
    past the zip.. that was sad.. Anthow, my first time to hatch Seramas, these were shipped from NC, to me, in TX.. Thinking this is pretty good for my result! Im not giving up on the others in lockdown, if no pips by tomorrow at noon, i will candle for activity. what r your thoughts on this?? i just figured by day 20, all that were gonna hatch, would've at least pipped by now!

Excited!! and exhausted!!
    ~adrienne

Please tell me I'm not the only one that watches pretty much non stop, takes photos during, and videos of hatch, on each baby.. LOL!! now, its time to catch up on cleaning and cooking!!

7. [​IMG]YaY!! I don't have instagram but I'm dying to see pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry about the one that didn't make it. That just happens sometimes. [​IMG] I would also candle if the others were still not doing anything tomorrow. Sometimes some are slower than others. [​IMG]

I use to watch non-stop and take tons of pics and videos, but then I started hatching non-stop. Seriously, my bators ran without rest from February until the end of July.I hatched hundreds of eggs. I learned how to just relax and back off after a while. I only just fired one back up because I just had to do one more for the year! I put the seramas in today, and I put in a few quail and a few of my sultan x either splash silkie or millie fluer frizzle mix eggs to see what the babies will look like a few days ago.

8. adiekaty

adiekaty In the Brooder

Mar 24, 2013
    Banner, Wyoming
    okay.. I have 4 fluffy cuuuuute babies!!! candles the last eggs, they were quitters i guess. so i started the incubator again.. lol with more Seramas and a few WFS eggs.. :))
    I'm addicted to hatching!! HAHA

9. It's a slippery slope my friend. ;)

10. adiekaty

adiekaty In the Brooder

Mar 24, 2013
    Banner, Wyoming
    Hahaha. . Im beginning to think that. . :))

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: