lockdown NOW any body else hatching 22-25 come join me(PICS)

ah well done to all yo fellow hatchers, my up date, three hatched fine in brooder now , one died trying overnight, and at this moment ive two more pipping well. still gotnothing from my golde partidge pekins , but im really pleased with my home made bator. 40% humidity to day 18 then 70% at lockdown, , quite possiblly .5 degree low all hatch though. will sort that out after the hatch .

This is my first post & hatch since last year but mine are due the 25/26th & I have one chick out, 2 pips, & several eggs rocking! I'm so excited, I wish I could post pics of it all but unfortunately I have the lamest phone ever...all of my 42 eggs are either black austrolorps (sp?), RIRs, or mutts. Good luck to everyone!

Quote:
I just started hearing faint chirping.....what should happen next??

Last edited:
Quote:

you should start to see pips. I always hear chirping quite a while before the pips start. Maybe even some egg rockin and rolling if you are lucky enough to catch it.

hello my 2 babys that only made it
tongue.png
i love them they started to fluff up

83085_twobabysmadeit.jpg

83085_twobabysmadeit2.jpg

Quote:

you should start to see pips. I always hear chirping quite a while before the pips start. Maybe even some egg rockin and rolling if you are lucky enough to catch it.

well, I heard chirps around 4:30 pm and then at 5:30 pm. It has gone quiet. Taking a break? How long do you think till pips? An hour? Several hours? I am wondering because its nearing bedtime.....

Quote:

well, I heard chirps around 4:30 pm and then at 5:30 pm. It has gone quiet. Taking a break? How long do you think till pips? An hour? Several hours? I am wondering because its nearing bedtime.....

you just never know. I find a watched incubator is like a watched pot. It seems if you are staring at the incubator...nothing happens. Although I do hear my duck eggs peeping.....

Back
Top Bottom