Lockdown on my first hatch!!!

Pics
I was pretty down yesterday and thought none of my chicks were gonna make it. My hubs wakes me up at 430 this morning and drags me in the livingroom to show me this little one!!! I’m so proud of it!!!! And I have another one that has pipped!!

Attachments

• 14AEABBF-CE89-4115-8DC6-BC5F5678582A.jpeg
    14AEABBF-CE89-4115-8DC6-BC5F5678582A.jpeg
    282.9 KB · Views: 16
I have 2 internal pips!!!!!!! Now I just have to see if I can restrain myself from checking them every 5 minutes!

Thats awesome!! They are so cute! I’m stuck home with a sick kid so I don’t know how I am gonna keep myself out of the incubator mow Lol! I am hoping to switch my babies with their broody mom after they hatch. I hate waiting!!!

HI! I am hatching eggs to, today is hatch day for me, I had a silkie hen set 5 silkie EE cross eggs and 1 was not fertile, 1 died on week 1, and one died a few days before hatch time, the other two hatched. Today is hatch day for 18 eggs, I think. The last time I candled them all of them were alive, some had internally pipped, this morning over half of them were externally pipped, 1 was zipping. The zipper has hatched. This is not my first hatch but it is my first time with this incubator and the first time I have hatched someone else's eggs, they were from The Phantom :D
31932468_963908343785283_2312777568920535040_n.jpg

I have to go clean out my chicken coop, set up a massive brooder, move other chicks and birds around, and go shopping this weekend so I am not gonna be checking in the incubator every 5 minutes unfortunately :lol:
I have 75 chicks coming from McMurray this Monday!!!
:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy

HI! I am hatching eggs to, today is hatch day for me, I had a silkie hen set 5 silkie EE cross eggs and 1 was not fertile, 1 died on week 1, and one died a few days before hatch time, the other two hatched. Today is hatch day for 18 eggs, I think. The last time I candled them all of them were alive, some had internally pipped, this morning over half of them were externally pipped, 1 was zipping. The zipper has hatched. This is not my first hatch but it is my first time with this incubator and the first time I have hatched someone else's eggs, they were from The Phantom :D
31932468_963908343785283_2312777568920535040_n.jpg

I have to go clean out my chicken coop, set up a massive brooder, move other chicks and birds around, and go shopping this weekend so I am not gonna be checking in the incubator every 5 minutes unfortunately :lol:
I have 75 chicks coming from McMurray this Monday!!!
:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy
That is a lot if babies coming!!! Congrats!

Of the 7 I set, one died be lockdown. 6 went into lockdown. 5 have hatched and the last one I set a day later than the rest has externally pipped! :).

OMG!!! I have one pipping but my humidity is 49%!!! I wrapped a towel around the incubator like others have suggested. Anything else I can do?!?

Last edited:
Did it hatch? I would put a sopnge in the bator but not wrap the egg. The chill factor from the fan circulating... But too late now. Hope it all went well! All 6 I put in lockdown hatched. I had a humidity in the 70's with the bottom of the incubator covered. Maybe your hygrometer is acting up, or you needed more water?

Alright out of 18 eggs I had 17 hatch, 1 of them has not even internally pipped yet and I see no movement inside it, I think that one is dead but I will leave it in there for a few more hours.

Back
Top Bottom