Lockdown on my first hatch!!!

I have 2 internal pips!!!!!!! Now I just have to see if I can restrain myself from checking them every 5 minutes!

Yay! The longest part of incubation starts now!!! I have 4 of 6 that went into lockdown hatched. 1 external pip, 1 internal pip. My 4 babies are so adorable. I put them with a surrogate Mom last night. She took them in!

Attachments

• 20180505_062551.jpg
    20180505_062551.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 14
Thats awesome!! They are so cute! I’m stuck home with a sick kid so I don’t know how I am gonna keep myself out of the incubator mow Lol! I am hoping to switch my babies with their broody mom after they hatch. I hate waiting!!!

HI! I am hatching eggs to, today is hatch day for me, I had a silkie hen set 5 silkie EE cross eggs and 1 was not fertile, 1 died on week 1, and one died a few days before hatch time, the other two hatched. Today is hatch day for 18 eggs, I think. The last time I candled them all of them were alive, some had internally pipped, this morning over half of them were externally pipped, 1 was zipping. The zipper has hatched. This is not my first hatch but it is my first time with this incubator and the first time I have hatched someone else's eggs, they were from The Phantom :D
31932468_963908343785283_2312777568920535040_n.jpg

I have to go clean out my chicken coop, set up a massive brooder, move other chicks and birds around, and go shopping this weekend so I am not gonna be checking in the incubator every 5 minutes unfortunately :lol:
I have 75 chicks coming from McMurray this Monday!!!
:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy

HI! I am hatching eggs to, today is hatch day for me, I had a silkie hen set 5 silkie EE cross eggs and 1 was not fertile, 1 died on week 1, and one died a few days before hatch time, the other two hatched. Today is hatch day for 18 eggs, I think. The last time I candled them all of them were alive, some had internally pipped, this morning over half of them were externally pipped, 1 was zipping. The zipper has hatched. This is not my first hatch but it is my first time with this incubator and the first time I have hatched someone else's eggs, they were from The Phantom :D
31932468_963908343785283_2312777568920535040_n.jpg

I have to go clean out my chicken coop, set up a massive brooder, move other chicks and birds around, and go shopping this weekend so I am not gonna be checking in the incubator every 5 minutes unfortunately :lol:
I have 75 chicks coming from McMurray this Monday!!!
:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy
That is a lot if babies coming!!! Congrats!

Of the 7 I set, one died be lockdown. 6 went into lockdown. 5 have hatched and the last one I set a day later than the rest has externally pipped! :).

OMG!!! I have one pipping but my humidity is 49%!!! I wrapped a towel around the incubator like others have suggested. Anything else I can do?!?

Last edited:
Did it hatch? I would put a sopnge in the bator but not wrap the egg. The chill factor from the fan circulating... But too late now. Hope it all went well! All 6 I put in lockdown hatched. I had a humidity in the 70's with the bottom of the incubator covered. Maybe your hygrometer is acting up, or you needed more water?

Alright out of 18 eggs I had 17 hatch, 1 of them has not even internally pipped yet and I see no movement inside it, I think that one is dead but I will leave it in there for a few more hours.

Alright out of 18 eggs I had 17 hatch, 1 of them has not even internally pipped yet and I see no movement inside it, I think that one is dead but I will leave it in there for a few more hours.
Congrats!!! Which incubator are you using? I am very happy with my little Amazon janoel12 which is also sold as a magicfly incubator. I got 6/7 to hatch. One died before lockdown,. Otherwise I bet it would be 7 out of 7! Great little incubator!

Back
Top Bottom