Lockdown on my first hatch!!!

I was pretty down yesterday and thought none of my chicks were gonna make it. My hubs wakes me up at 430 this morning and drags me in the livingroom to show me this little one!!! I’m so proud of it!!!! And I have another one that has pipped!!

Attachments

• 14AEABBF-CE89-4115-8DC6-BC5F5678582A.jpeg
    14AEABBF-CE89-4115-8DC6-BC5F5678582A.jpeg
    282.9 KB · Views: 16
I was pretty down yesterday and thought none of my chicks were gonna make it. My hubs wakes me up at 430 this morning and drags me in the livingroom to show me this little one!!! I’m so proud of it!!!! And I have another one that has pipped!!
Yay!!! Congrats. Is that the one with the towel wrapped around it? Mine take about 16 hrs from pip to hatch. Don't fret. If you didn't calibrate the incubator before starting, it could be running a bit cool. What day is today?

I wrapped a towel around the incubator to keep moisture feom escaping. I also put a wet paper towel on the floor of the egg tray but I do think my hygrometer is messed up. Today is day 21.

I have had one more chick hatch but do not see any signs of life in the others yet, including no pips. I’m worried

I could see mine rocking intermittently. If you move the 2 hatched ones to brooder, quickly candle if there are no external pups

I can see one that is moving but no movement in the others. One looks like it has a blood spot too.

Its right at the edge of the air pocket. I outlined it with the scalloped lines

Attachments

• 9AAB2AC0-48D0-4460-8BFF-FFC0D6BA2282.jpeg
    9AAB2AC0-48D0-4460-8BFF-FFC0D6BA2282.jpeg
    241.3 KB · Views: 15

Back
Top Bottom