Lockdown tmrw 9-26 anyone want to hatch along?

Hi there, I am hatching mutts, the hens were red sex links and the roo was really big, friendly and black I forget the breed.
I bought my hova bator off craigs list and the guy threw the eggs in. I figured I would practice with these before I spent a bunch of money on eggs.
This has been the longest 19 days ever for me. I went into lock down yesterday and have 1 hatched. It was the smallest of all the eggs and he is so loud all the dogs are in the other room just staring up at the bator trying to figure out whats going on. he is dragging his shell around still not sure why. maybe he did not soak up all the yoke. He pipped and was out yelling within 2 hours. Nothing yet from the rest of the eggs no pips yet?
Amy

Hi Amy!
how cool! fun times. this is my second hatch and things this time have gone way better! I haven't been a stress ball about the whole thing and the 3 weeks has gone by so fast! Congrats on your runt for being the first out lol, they are loud little boogers its true! You should post a picture on here of him if you can get a shot thru one of the windows. Hopefully the rest will be out in the next couple days! So silly looking at first but in 48 hrs what cute little fluff balls.
big_smile.png

Thanks for joining, Im glad to have a hatching buddy! you need 10 posts I think to post a pic so say a couple things or post smileys then we can see your new lil baby
smile.png

Good morning:caf,
We still just have the one and one more pipped. He is dry and quiet now waiting on his buddies.
I have to work today, bummer
We are having an issue with our camera. We can not find the battery charger ANYWHERE we have searched high and low... gone???
Amy

My lockdown starts tomorrow! I have 6 silkie eggs. This is my first hatch so im extremely nervous! The last 3 weeks felt like forever!

This is my first time hatching and I have just 1 due to hatch today then 2 more in 6 days! My little egg is rockin all over and is chirping
ya.gif

I am so confused about the humidity, I have read several different things. Before lock down I had the humidity at 50-55% and the last 3 days at 65-70%
Does this seem right? Really hoping this little guy makes it
fl.gif
Call me crazy but I cant stop staring at the egg
pop.gif

Mine is an LG still air no fan. Still lots of chirping but no pip yet
idunno.gif

I dont know if I can handle the wait
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom