Lockdown today :-) 21/01

Oh yes i will post pictures if i get any chicks that is! Im so worried ive done something wrong:/ im going to get a humidity checker on my next hatch. Ive just candled for the last time and 8 eggs have quite small air sacks and 1 has a good air sack... Im just keeping my fingers crossed for at least 1 baby hatch..

Ive put my 9 babys on lockdown this morning! Its 9:44am here in the UK. I hope ive done it right.
1) took cradle off

2) filled all 4 channels with water in my brinsea

Is that all i have to do:/ ??

My temp has been 37.6 (99.5) since day one and since ive filled it up its dropped to 37.4 (99.3)
Is this usual to drop a bit?

Couldnt tell you what my humidity is im just going off the manual. Oh lord its all gone wrong i know it! My grandma in ireland is saying an irish prayre for me lol..

yes the temp will drop a bit because the water has to come to temp. I hope everything goes well!!

When I incubated for the first time I did the dry method. Its where you kept he humidity 25-30% until day 18 then raise it. I started to worry because their air cells almost took up half the egg but they didnt have a problem hatching.

Day 19 and cant here or see anything! I think they have all died :( i filled all 4 channels yesterday and this morning i looked and all 4 channels are only half full now:/ i dont want to open it and fill them again. Should i open the vent a little? Im going to buy a hydromator for my next hatch so i can keep an eye on the humidity.. Oh dear ill use this as a learning period..

Back
Top Bottom