lockdown tomorrow...

TinyTotsSeramas

Songster
8 Years
Jun 21, 2011
Smithsburg
I have 1 egg (out of 16) going into lockdown tomorrow due to temp spikes.. there was a power surge 3 days ago an I forgot that when the incubator is unplugged or the power goes out, the incubtor resets its self an runs at 96*F until I turn it up or down.. which this means that for the past 3 days the incubator has been running at 96*F.. should I put the egg in lockdown tomorrow or should I keep turning it? the baby is still alive! I just candled it an it was moving all around! what should I do?!

At 18 days of incubation there should be very little room for the embrio to move around.

Sometimes is very hard to see the embrio the only thing you may be able to see os a dark mass and the air sack.

because of the 3 days on low temp this may cause the chick to hatch late

You should wait 1 more day before you put it to lockdown

I have had cases when I forget dates and by the time i noticed some eggs are pecking in when they still in the turner

just have your hatcher ready , just in case you get a little pick

Quote:
Thank you! The egg is dark the whole way until you get to the air sack, The only reason I know the baby is alive an moving is because the dark mass moved into the air sack a few times!

I agree with the other posts. I would still go into lockdown. It may take an extra day or two for the eggs to hatch. The lower than normal temperature the later the chicks can hatch. The higher than normal temperature the earlier the chicks can hatch.

Back
Top Bottom