Lockdown, what to use for bottom

marinachka11

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 27, 2013
New jersey
I just put my eggs on lock down a few hours ago, first time hatching!
I put them on the plastic and saw them rolling into eachother andnso I put a little bit of hey in there to prevent them from rolling, is this not safe? Should I take they hat out? Will it be okay to open the incubator now that they have been on lockdown for 3 hours or so? I don’t know what else to put there, as I’m in the woods and no stores are open except for shop rite.

Attachments

• 2B1448BF-168D-4AF9-91B9-41217C7057D7.jpeg
    2B1448BF-168D-4AF9-91B9-41217C7057D7.jpeg
    419.7 KB · Views: 9
That particular incubator does not need a hatching mat. It's ok for eggs to roll around a little bit. They'll stop once the incubator lid is closed. I would personally NEVER use hay as it could contaminate the incubator, but the harm has already been done. It is ok to open the incubator, they haven't been in lockdown for too long. I would remove the straw asap.

I
That particular incubator does not need a hatching mat. It's ok for eggs to roll around a little bit. They'll stop once the incubator lid is closed. I would personally NEVER use hay as it could contaminate the incubator, but the harm has already been done. It is ok to open the incubator, they haven't been in lockdown for too long. I would remove the straw asap.
I actually do use a mat. It's the grippy rubber shelf liner. Take the hay out for sure. This type of liner.
20190712_155320_HDR~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom