Lockdown

SV68CS

In the Brooder
Sep 17, 2016
I have eggs in lock down and it is about day 22 and there is no pipping the temperature and humidity it all fine. This is our first time if hatching so i need some advise.

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

How many eggs? What kind of incubator? Are you sure the thermometer and hygrometer are reliable? They could be late to hatch, which can be caused by a too low temperature. However, if they are not pipped or hatched by tomorrow, it's not likely they are going to.

There is 56 eggs and its a automatic egg turner incubator they were in till the 17th day I then transferred them into another incubator for lockdown its a Janoel5-60 brand incubator but there was movement in eggs at day 17.

Last edited:
There is 56 eggs and its a automatic egg turner incubator they were in till the 17th day I then transferred them into another incubator for lockdown its a Janoel5-60 brand incubator but there was movement in eggs at day 17.

That's a lot of eggs. I'd have expected some to have pipped by now. I can't find a lot on Janoel incubators - they don't seem to be a common brand. However, one of the most common issues with incubators is incorrect temp readings; I'd recommend purchasing a small thermometer and placing it in the incubator to get a second reading.

There is alot of eggs. This is the first incubator .... im trying too upload pic but not working

Sending good hatching vibes your way
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom