Log books

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by PKCrazyChicks, Apr 29, 2017.

1. PKCrazyChicks

PKCrazyChicks Just Hatched

Apr 25, 2017
    Albia, Iowa
    I have been keeping a detailed log book since I started my chicken keeping. I find it interesting. I log dates, times, weather,temps. How my birds are eating. If they are napping. I know a bit accentric. I'm not even sure if it's ideal.
    I even have a how to feed my chicks manuals at the front. Am I going over board?
    I've read stress to chickens can be a bad thing. I do know my babies love routines and enjoy seeing me more than my hubby and children.
    How can I keep them stress free and happy chickens?

2. Hillaire

Hillaire Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2017
    Hudson Valley NY
    I don't think it is overly eccentric to keep a log book of all your daily routines... I keep a log on how many eggs I get a day and have been thinking about keeping a daily journal as I'm sure one day I will want to write a book about all my adventures on our property. Best way to keep chickens stress free is to make them feel secure (from predators), fed and watered that's about it oh and they love treats that helps too :)

3. Circle W Farms

Circle W Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2016
    Antreville,SC
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC. I think keeping a journal is a great idea. I keep one myself with recording egg production and breeding records. I agree with Hillaire about keeping the stress down.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by