Logging out?...Nifty?

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by Tuffoldhen, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Anyone else having trouble logging out from BYC?...I've been in here for days it seems!!.Not that I'm not on here alot anyway but doesn't seem to be good for my computer!!..Can't get the log out to work.......Nifty, can you help?.....

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Try to clear your cookies and make sure that the brouser did not save your password. For the second, go to tools, options, security and look at the section called passwords to see if it has been saved. (Mozilla)

3. Tuffoldhen

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Silkie..Thanks but that didn't work!...lol...I always clear my cookies and history at the end of a days computer work...tried it anyway..no go...

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

That's odd. The cookies are the only thing that could keep you logged in if you close your browser and open a new browser and come back to BYC.

Anybody else unable to logg out?

5. Tuffoldhen

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]...Well, I'm still logged on... [​IMG]

6. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    I have not been able to log out either for over a week. Everytime I hit logout, when it redirects to the new page, it says I'm still logged in.

I have to close the page or browser, & go to another url. Then if I return to BYC I need to login again.

7. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:I keep checking and I'm still here - logged in.

I never bother to actually LOG out - I just leave..... So if thats not logging me out - I've been here for MONTHS.....

Perhaps as well as cookies you might need to clear out your history. Could be the site reconises your computer from the history folder.

8. Tuffoldhen

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I've cleared my history...I've cleared my cookies!!...nothing works...I've logged off the computer, shut down the computer and started back from scratch [​IMG]...I'm always here, even when I'm not [​IMG]

Mine does what ChickenLittleRacingTeams says all put the last part, I've tried all that....

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    I bet your computer is just logging you in - you need to have someone look to see if you're here when you're not..... cause if you come back then you're here... so you can't check when you're not............. [​IMG]

10. Tuffoldhen

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Was that suppose to make sense ? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] LOL..maybe I've had too much coffee [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by