LOL, what do you call this...Blue Columbian??

She's very pretty. Maybe you could pm cochinman(2005? ) on here and get his opinion since he raises columbians. She kind of looks more lavender to me than blue.

Quote:
LOL, now I feel silly
roll.png
having found out that "coronation" means lavander
big_smile.png
Gotta laugh at myself here. Thanks for all of everyone's help. I'll try to get some new pics posted in the sunshine today. It's been wet and nasty so those pics were taken inside the building.

Leucism, If I remember my college zoology correctly. She could be a 'leucian??', which isn't quite like an albino, because they have eye color. We had a leucian blue tick hound, she was lovely, but it took me twenty years to find out what she was. Yellow eyes, pink nose, pink pads, and tongue, everywhere that should be black was yellow, and everything else was white. Her nails were clear, white and yellow stripes. It was interesting. Her puppies we finally figured were blue tick and what ever the father was.
I can't find my merk manual or I'd look it up for you. Any of you with a genetics book handy check it out, I know it starts with 'leuc.." then I have brain freeze.
She is a pretty chicken no doubt about it!
wink.png

Quote:
Corronation is lavander colombian, not blue columbian
wink.png

Blue and lavender are different things

Yeah, I remembered that after I posted. I have pics of the coronation sussex saved on my computer in the "maybe when I win the lottery" folder.

One color, so many different names! I learned that color is called isabel. The lav gene will dilute buff to straw just as it dilutes black to grey. Very striking!

Back
Top Bottom