We need your amazing chicken photos for our 2020 Calendar! Submit your pics HERE!

LOL ...... Why didn't any of you warn me?!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by bigbeck, May 31, 2011.

1. Dar

Dar Crowing

Jul 31, 2008
    Quote:yep and tattoos too!

2. immyjay54

immyjay54 Songster

Feb 20, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Absolutely love this post. My 2 month Delawares untie my shoes every time I go in to get their water fountain out to clean and refill. I wouldn't trade them for the world though. I have many different breeds but these dele's are tops in my book.

3. urbanchickmama

urbanchickmama In the Brooder

May 12, 2011
    so funny! this same thing just happened to me in my silver glitter flip-flops today! can't blame them though. most girls i know like shiny things!

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Free Ranging

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Yep, and they love jewelry too.

And if you're near an emu, they LOVE pink fingernails. Just sayin'. [​IMG]

5. aggie9296

aggie9296 Songster

Jan 28, 2011
    Panama City, FL
    It's a chickinitiation.

6. hcppam

hcppam Songster

OOOooh no not my toes they already peck my fingers all the time looking for mill worms. [​IMG]

7. AUChick9202

AUChick9202 Chirping

Apr 9, 2011
    Utah
    When my roo was about 4 weeks old, he was hanging out on my son's shoulder. I was taking pictures of them. When my son went to smile, it exposed his chewing gum....my roo pecked it right out of his mouth!

8. Peppypap

Peppypap In the Brooder

Dec 16, 2010
    Dallas TX
    Haha! My 8 month old roo is always trying to eat my mom's toes, and all the hens peck freckles, TEETH , Jewelery, and lips. Anything they can get close to. I love them though!! [​IMG]

9. chick on a stick

chick on a stick In the Brooder

Apr 19, 2011
    I've been out in the chicken run a couple of times lately in my flip-flops. I have purple toe nails. I guess the chickens think they are grapes because they always peck at them. Also when I feed them out of my hand they peck at my ring.

10. honekoneko

honekoneko Hatching

May 31, 2011
    hee hee , that's so cute to read. my mom's hens do that to me too when i wear flip flops, and get me hopping around. most of the time that's how i lure them closer so i can pet them. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: