Lone chick left

Nortonsmom

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 16, 2009
Ellenboro NC
we had another bad hatch and not sure why - good temps and humidity - ended up breaking the 3 out of their eggs after 3 days....2 have died - I have one left - will my broody hen take it on? I'm afraid if its alone it will die - but I dont want her to eat or kill it - any advise or suggestions? Thanks.

Ok did you have it in a incubator? If the temp and what not was good then let me ask you somthing are you candling your eggs to much? I know for a long time I was buying eggs and then I kept on candling them. Then I found out that you can only candall them 2 times the entire time your eggs are in the incubator. I had a least 200 eggs die on me before I knew that. What kind of incubator are you using? Or are the eggs under a broody hen? How many eggs do you have? Cause if you put the egg under a broody then if you only have one egg and that chick hatches then a long as you find either another chick or a adult that won't hurt the baby the baby will be fine. Hope this advice helps you and if you need some more info just PM me.

yes I did. I only ever candle them the once- After a week or so. I have a hovabator with a turner....I have a broody hen who is sitting on eggs, but I also had the eggs inside...currently the hen is setting on eggs so I stuffed the poor baby under her...I'm hoping if she actually hatches a few of them out it will all work out...cross your fingers! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom