Lonely Chick needs a buddy in NE Arkansas

SittinPretty

In the Brooder
11 Years
Sep 16, 2008
Northeast Arkansas
I only had 1 egg hatch and the little chick is lonely. It was a week old on Friday? Anyone have a chick around 1 week old they want to get rid of? Breed doesn't matter. Thanks.

Have you checked Craigslist? You might be surprised at what's out there. I hope you find a companion soon. Good luck!

I have heard you can put a beanie baby or small stuffed animal in with the chicks and it may help with the loneliness. Maybe a mirror, too. Whatever works for a while until you find a pal.

It has a little bear that stays in there. I have a silkie, that is a lot smaller than my other silkies, I put in with it, but the silkie was too big and pecked on it a lot.

SittinPretty,
We moved a couple of yrs ago and got rid of every bird we had. Well not long after moving in, someone gave my daughter 2 birds. They were sex-link. Well we raised them in the house until they were old enough to move outside. Right off the bat on managed to get into the dog pen, well we wasn't home to rescue her so that left us with the one. We named her Gertrude and for the longest time she was the only one on the place (bird wise). I don't think she even minded. She would go to the barn and sleep under the horses feet and lay in a corner down there. The neat thing about her is that she would come up to the house and if you were sitting on the porch - then she would hop in your lap and talk to you. We always joked that she was our therapy bird. Unfortunately the neighbors dog got her one day when we wasn't home, but she will always be remembered.

I guess what I am trying to say, just b/c she is the only one - isn't such a bad thing.
smile.png

Sorry about the long story, just wanted to share.
big_smile.png

Amanda - Hot Springs, AR

Back
Top Bottom