Lonely chick?

autumnw

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 3, 2011
Indy
I had twelve eggs in the incubator and only one hatched (it was my first time hatching and apparently I'm bad at it, lol). I have other chickies who are 2 weeks old but I'm afraid to put the new chick in with them until it gets a little bigger and it has been in the incubator since saturday night so I set up a big rubbermaid tub as a second brooder tonight and put it in there. I plan on stopping by tsc tomorrow and picking up a couple of friends for it since our hatch didn't go well but will it be okay alone tonight? It is screaming like crazy, lol!

Last edited:
awww.... I just bought 6 jersey giants... (2-3 days old) a few days later a friend bought me a couple bantam babies (2-3 days old) they are super tiny compared to the giants but I put them together to see how it goes and they are doing fine! Not sure with yours being much younger tho....good luck!

I think it would be okay with my layer girls ( I have eight) but I also have 20 red rangers who have grown much faster and are even bullying my layers who are the same age! I need to just put my new chick in with my layers and separate my meaties I think but need another big brooder for that! lol

Back
Top Bottom