Lonely chick?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by autumnw, Feb 26, 2013.

1. autumnw

autumnw Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2011
    Indy
    I had twelve eggs in the incubator and only one hatched (it was my first time hatching and apparently I'm bad at it, lol). I have other chickies who are 2 weeks old but I'm afraid to put the new chick in with them until it gets a little bigger and it has been in the incubator since saturday night so I set up a big rubbermaid tub as a second brooder tonight and put it in there. I plan on stopping by tsc tomorrow and picking up a couple of friends for it since our hatch didn't go well but will it be okay alone tonight? It is screaming like crazy, lol!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  2. Justin P

Justin P Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2013
    Southeast Virginia
    that is sad , im sure it wont be lonely long. where did you get the eggs from. I have never tried to hatch em myself.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  3. autumnw

Mar 3, 2011
    Indy
    ebay, the only place I could find the breed I wanted. They came from a small farm in west virginia

4. Pillzzner

Pillzzner Out Of The Brooder

Aug 3, 2012
    Georgia
    awww.... I just bought 6 jersey giants... (2-3 days old) a few days later a friend bought me a couple bantam babies (2-3 days old) they are super tiny compared to the giants but I put them together to see how it goes and they are doing fine! Not sure with yours being much younger tho....good luck!

5. autumnw

Mar 3, 2011
    Indy
    I think it would be okay with my layer girls ( I have eight) but I also have 20 red rangers who have grown much faster and are even bullying my layers who are the same age! I need to just put my new chick in with my layers and separate my meaties I think but need another big brooder for that! lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by