Lonely chick

jcross87

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 18, 2013
So last Sunday I bought 6 chicks from TSC and yesterday I came home and my gfs dog killed all but one well I only found 3 of them one was dead one was hanging on and one was alive the others I can't find so I assume he ate them which is hard to believe a wiener dog doing but oh well any suggestions????

Not hard to believe a wiener dog would. They are hunters believe it or not. Little dogs like that have a strong prey drive. What you should do, is make a better brooder, one that that the dog cant get into. Keep them on some kind of table or something, and get more so that one that is a live will not be lonely. BUT make sure that the dog CANT get them at all. Best thing i can tell ya.

Well this is common sense but make a safer brooder. After that get more chicks asap. For now you can place a mirror and stuffed animal in the brooder to keep the chick company. Good luck to your chick(s).

How sad!
barnie.gif
Definitely agree with the others to make sure the dog won't get to them this next time, and the sooner you can get your little chickie some new buds the better for them all!

Back
Top Bottom