Lonely Goose

Poor thing. She is healthy looking atleast for being on her own prior to you. Pretty goose and is a cross, and looks like an African/Toulouse cross at that. Just sent you contact info for a farm up your way who is knowledgeable in waterfowl, owns many, has the land and is likely your best bet for getting her in a new good home with proper care.

Last edited:
I agree, she does look like a cross and probably since she trusts you it probably would n't take much to get her into a crate, but I wouldn't try it on my own. They are very strong and she may get frightened. Hopefully it will work out with Celtics help for someone to come and get her. Bless you for your efforts.
fl.gif

I am in Ocala, not far from you. We have a nice farm with a large pond, and lots of spolied ducks & geese for her to hang out with. She's welcome to come here.

I would love for her to joint your family. How could we go about getting her to Ocala?

I have a general question until someone rescues the goose. She loves to come sit on my back patio. She makes me so nervous when I go out. She will follow me around and watch what I do. Sometimes she will hiss once at me but still continue to follow me. Should I be worried about her attacking me? She follows very very closely. Is it best that I just ignore my backyard until she is gone? Or will she stay "nice" as long as I don't bother her?

I have a general question until someone rescues the goose. She loves to come sit on my back patio. She makes me so nervous when I go out. She will follow me around and watch what I do. Sometimes she will hiss once at me but still continue to follow me. Should I be worried about her attacking me? She follows very very closely. Is it best that I just ignore my backyard until she is gone? Or will she stay "nice" as long as I don't bother her?
I don't think she will attack you, sounds like she likes your company. My geese are very much into me like to hang around where I am and since she associates you with food she is most likely looking to you for companionship . Hissing doesn't necessarily mean she will be aggressive it just what geese do. Move slowly around her talking to her. My Toulouse goose will even talk back to me. Geese are really cool creatures.
smile.png
you say your in Clay county isn't that the Orange Park Green Cove springs area? I'm originally form Jacksonville.

Last edited:
She is a domestic goose and knows you provide food so the goose is as friendly as to be expected given her time alone. Geese in general are all bluff, hissing is a warning that you moved into the birds space. we have a couple of hissers, one is a gander who loves to be held, as soon as he enters his stall he hisses then lays down. DONT hand feed, dont corner and move with confidence around the goose and you should be fine,

Back
Top Bottom