Long Distance Friendships :-(

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Squishy, May 17, 2011.

1. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    I have a great friend named Tanya. We spent alot of time together for a few years... and then, about a year and a half ago now... she moved to California [​IMG]

We keep in touch a bit.. but I really miss her. She was the most accepting person (aside from my mom, of course) that I've ever met. No matter how silly I was (and I'm pretty silly at times.. and do things because they amuse me rather than other people)... she was still always happy to spend time with me. Didn't matter what I wore, or said, or did.. she was always my friend.
    I haven't met many other people like her..... and I want her to move back! How do I make her move back here??

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Honey you cannot MAKE someone do something just to please you. [​IMG] Friend her on FB.

3. LittleChickenLady

LittleChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Clanton, Alabama
    I had a friend that was my best friend all through high school, we never spent more than a couple days apart (since she only lived maybe a mile from me) that moved to Las Vegas during our Senior year. [​IMG]
    We've lost touch, like I knew that we would, but I hate it.

Why'd she move?

4. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    [​IMG]
    My best friend is almost a month younger than I am. Our mothers met when they were expecting us. We grew up together and have always been best friends. I moved 500 miles west about 7 years ago, and we are both married with children now. She works as a box office manager in a theater and is on the phone all day, so when she isn't working she avoids the phone as much as she can. I miss her dearly-we only see each other about once a year for a few hours. I feel your pain. [​IMG]

5. Squishy

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    Ohh.. I did.. thats the only reason I have it... hehe!

I know I really cant make her move back... I know she is happy there. She keeps telling me to come live in California with her.. so then I tell her to move here [​IMG] Can't we just play tug of war until we both end up in the middle? But, we both like being warm [​IMG]

6. LittleChickenLady

Mar 4, 2011
    Clanton, Alabama
    You guys can both come this way and a little north and come live by me! [​IMG]
    Oh wait..you want to be warm..

Well poo! [​IMG]

7. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    Quote:Hey-I live near you! Well, not too far, anyway! [​IMG]

8. Squishy

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    Thank you everyone [​IMG]

She moved because she mostly grew up there.. before her family moved down here. After she was old enough to be on her own, she started saving the money to go back.. and be with the people and friends she grew up with and loved.

9. LittleChickenLady

Mar 4, 2011
    Clanton, Alabama
    But she left her friends that she made while living near you. [​IMG]

10. LittleChickenLady

Mar 4, 2011
    Clanton, Alabama
    Quote:Hey-I live near you! Well, not too far, anyway! [​IMG]

Greenville, Indiana is almost four hours away! Lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by